It’s that time again for your weekend round-up, where we bring you everything that’s gone on in the wide world of sport this week. Check out our question of the week, as well as last week responses to last week’s question. Here we go!
* Eden Hazard stole the show in the Premier League, scoring a Hatrick as Chelsea beat Cardiff 4-1.
* Liverpool also maintained their 100% start to the season, Liverpool and Chelsea faceoff in a fortnight.
* The Champions League is back this week, Inter Milan prepared for Spurs by losing to Parma in one of the biggest upsets of the weekend.
* West Ham actually one a game, beating fast starters Everton 3-1 away from home Sunday.
* Two of the big signings in Italy got off the mark this week with Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo both scoring
* It wasn’t all rosy for Juventus as winger Douglas Costa saw red for spitting
* Worcestershire, captained by Moeen Ali, won the T20 blast on Saturday.
* Dawid Malan has criticised the ECB for not giving him enough backing as he was dropped by England this summer.
* Lewis Hamilton came out on top in a close Singapore Grand Prix.
* His rival Sebastian Vettel was forced to defend Ferrari after their controversial strategy cost him second place.
* Rugby Australia has announced that Lukhan Tui will face no action after a fight with a fan.
* Domestically Sale Sharks were hammered by Exeter, who kept up their 100% start to the season.
* Saul Alvarez shocked the world by beating Gennady Golovkin on points in Saturday’s highly anticipated rematch
* Carl Frampton will face Josh Warrington for the IBF World title in Manchester in December
* The Davis cup is back, Great Britain was victorious over Uzbekistan.
* Meanwhile, Croatia beat the USA to get to the final.
* Patrick Mahomes keeps breaking records, throwing six touchdown passes as his Chiefs beat the Steelers.
* Fitz-Magic is well and truly here, Tampa Bay beat the champion Eagles
* We had another tie in week 2, Dan Carlson missed a last-second field goal for the Vikings and they tied with the Packers
* It’s finally happened, Erik Karlsson has joined the San Jose Sharks for a bag of beans and a couple of draft picks (More on trading Wednesday)
* Finn Alexander Barkov has been named the captain of the Florida Panthers for the upcoming season.
* Adam Wainwright marked his comeback from injury in style, pitching for the Cardinals in a 5-0 win which bought them level in the Wild Card race
* Boston Red Sox beat the New York Mets and could clinch their division if they beat the Yankees next.
* Dwayne Wade has confirmed he is going back to Miami for the 6th year
* New York Knicks are expected to release Joakim Noah before the end of training camp
Take a moment
Our thoughts are with Enzo Calzaghe’s family. The Italian was father and trainer of World Champion Joe Calzaghe. He has died at the age of 69. He ran the Newbridge Boxing Club and turned the small Welsh Valleys club into a legendary boxing gym. He was the winner of BBC Sports coach of the year and The Ring Magazine trainer of the year.
Vontae Davis, the cornerback for the Buffalo Bills retired during the halftime interval of their matchup with against the LA Charges. The Bills were getting utterly spanked and clearly, it was too much for him to take.
Question of the Week
Thanks to everyone who got in touch with last weeks question. People seem to be really on board with the Nations League and seem to think it’s a good idea.
In Honor of Vontae Davis, What sporting event was so bad it would have driven you to quit at halftime?