As another weekend ends, we are here with your weekend round-up. On a side note, there hasn’t been a huge amount of content other than our regulars in the last week or so. Never fear, we are going to be back as big as ever in the coming weeks.
* Liverpool are the only side in the Premier League with a 100% record, Chelsea drew 0-0 with West Ham and Liverpool beat Southampton 3-0
* Wolves Continued their excellent start to the season with a 1-1 draw away to Manchester United
* Celtic continue to struggle, losing 2-1 away to Kilmarnock
* Gerard Pique scored a late equaliser as Barcelona drew with Girona, meanwhile Real Madrid beat Espanyol 1-0 to go to the top of La Liga
* The always volatile Belgrade Derby between Partizan and Red Star finished 1-1
* Cricket Australia have closed their investigation into a complaint that an Aussie player called Moeen Ali “Osama”
* England hopeful Joe Clarke has signed a four-year deal with Nottinghamshire
* India beat Pakistan to set up an Asian Cup final with either Pakistan or Bangladesh
* Manu Tualangi and Ben Youngs have pulled out of the England Training Camp with injury
* Rhys Webb as said he still dreams of playing for Wales, playing for Toulon currently rules him out.
* Premiership Leaders Exeter bested the Newcastle Falcons 24-17 to consolidate their league.
* Just in time for the Ryder Cup, Tiger Woods has won his first PGA event in 5 years.
* Sergio Garcia dedicated his victory over the weekend to murdered golfer Barquin Arozamena
* A win from Roger Federer helped secure victory for Team Europe in the Laver Cup
* US Open Winner Naomi Osaka has said tiredness was to blame for her loss to Karolina Pliskova in the Pan Pacific Open
* Anthony Joshua knocked out Alexander Povetkin to retain his titles despite an early setback
* It was confirmed over the weekend the Tyson Fury will face Deontae Wilder on December 1st.
* Tony Bellew has said he isn’t scared of Oleksander Usyk ahead of their showdown
* Detroit Lions upset the New England Patriots to get their first win of the season
* Star Quarterback Jimmy Garrapolo could miss the rest of the season with a knee injury
* Jared Goff led the Rams to a huge victory over the LA Charges in the LA Derby
* The Pittsburgh Steelers have said they are “Open to offers” for Le’veon Bell
* Patrick Mahomes broke the league record for most touchdown passes in the opening 3 weeks of a season, he currently has 13 already.
* Speaking of records, Drew Brees broke the record for the most pass completions in a career, in 50 fewer games than the previous holder Brett Favre.
* Paul Byron has signed a four-year extension with Montreal, he will make $3.4 Dollars against the cap.
* Max Domi has been suspended for the rest of preseason after sucker punching Aaron Ekblad
* Yankees shortstop Didi Gregorius could miss the postseason after injuring his wrist.
* The St. Louis Cardinals swept the Giants to keep their postseason hopes alive
* Matt Kemp celebrated his birthday with 3 RBIs and his 21st Homerun of the season against the Padres, this bought up 1000 RBIs for Kemp
* Minnesota’s Jimmy Butler looks set to move, with Cleveland the latest team in the mix.
* Sticking with Minnesota Karl Anthony Towns, looks set to sign a huge $190 million 5 year deal
Spare a moment
Spanish Amateur Golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena was murdered last week in the US. The 22-year-old was found dead on an Iowa golf course. She was attending the Iowa State University on a Golf Scholarship. She was the second female student of the college to be killed in the recent weeks. The investigation continues.
Something completely different
Huang Zhengyu of Guangzhou R&F scored one of the most ridiculous own goals you’re ever likely to see. His teammate Yi Tend smashed the ball against him while trying to clear it for the corner and the ball rolls over the time. Seriously, look it up.
Question of the week
This week’s question of the week. Who has been your surprise team in the NFL this season?
Thanks for reading! We will be back with you soon. Anything we’ve missed? Comment, Email or Tweet us @unlikelydanblog